GT Biopharma (OTCMKTS: GTBP) is a stock that I’ve been watching for some time now, and with today’s news, I’m glad it’s on my radar. In a press release issued early this morning, the company announced it has begun treatment of the second patient in a Phase I/II clinical trial.
Here’s what’s going on:
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutesw tih Trade Ideas!
GTBP Stock Is One To Watch After Dosing Of Second Patient In A Phase I/II Trial For AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia)
In the press release, GT Biopharma said that it had begun treatment of its second patient in its GTB-3550 TriKE Phase I/II AML clinical trial.
Importantly, this news follows the successful completion of the first patient who achieved stable disease, increased NK cell production, and no adverse side effects.
The trial is being conducted at the University of Minnesota’s Masonic Cancer Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Additional sites are being engaged in states that have now modified their COVID-19 shelter-in-place restrictions to allow for the conduct of other clinical trials.
In the phase 1 portion of the trial, GTBP is working to evaluate GTB-3550 in patients with CD33-expressing, high risk myelodysplastic syndromes, refractory/relapsed acute myeloid leukemia or advanced systemic mastocytosis, and will determine safety and tolerability as well as the pharmacologically active dose and maximum tolerated dose of GTB-3550.
In the Phase 2 portion of the trial, the company will further evaluate the recommended dose of GTB-3550 in this patient population.
GT Biopharma shared great news from the first patient treated in the trial. Here are the key points:
- Founder Anthony Cataldo was also the Founder of one of the first cell therapy companies, Genisis Biopharma, Inc., now know as Iovance Biotherapeutic, Inc. (NASDAQ: IOVA – $41.00 per share) Market Cap $5 Billion dollars.
- Multiple strategies to redirect immunity have been developed in the past two decades, but they have technical hurdles, cause undesirable side-effects, or are very expensive as exemplified by the T cell therapy-based chimeric antigen receptor (CAR-T) therapies. GTB-3550 has the potential to avoid the significant cost and management challenges associated with approved CAR-T Therapies. As the TriKE™ is a targeted immuno-oncology protein therapeutic drug, the cost and patient delivery/administration of the TriKE is much more advantages compared to CAR-T cell therapies and unlike CAR-T therapies, is not limited to just liquid tumors (20% of the cancer market) as the TriKE also works on liquid and solid tumors (80% of the cancer market) as well.
- What makes the multi-targeting TriKE™ unique from all other single target NK cell therapies (Affimed NV [ NASDAQ: AFMD ], Innate Pharma SA [ NASDAQ: IPHA ] and Dragonfly Therapeutics (www.dragonflytx.com), is the proprietary incorporation of IL-15 (an NK cell stimulating cytokine) directly into the core multi-targeting TriKE™ construct. Thereby enhancing activation, proliferation and persistence of NK cells while minimizing the toxicities associated with the systematic administration of cytokine therapy to stimulate the patient’s immune system. Which also will make the TriKe drug much more cost effective and patient friendly.
- In the current FDA trial the first patient achieved stable disease with respect to the number of AML blasts observed in bone marrow before and after. The Trike elicited an encouraging initial efficacy marker response.
- No adverse side effects were experienced.
- An increase of the patient’s total NK cell population was achieved. This increase was attributed to the IL-15 component of the TriKE molecule.
- There was no appreciable increase of any hyper-active T-cell population which could result in cytokine storm or other T-cell associated toxicities.
- The second patient enrolled in the study has now begun the first cycle of GTB-3550 TriKE therapy. The data from this patient will be evaluated upon the completion of the third cycle of treatment.
Why This News Is So Important
The news issued by GT Biopharma is important for multiple reasons. First and foremost, myelodysplastic syndromes are very difficult to treat. Data from the first patient shows that the company is achieving success with their TriKE treatment option.
That being said, the myelodysplastic syndromes market is a massive one, generating more than $2 billion in revenue annually for those involved in the space. Considering the fact that GTBP trades with a market cap under $15 million. This is very similar to Mr. Cataldo’s founding of Iovance. Breaking into this space would be an incredible opportunity for the company.
Moreover, the company recently announced a collaboration agreement with Cytovance® Biologics, a USA-based contract development and manufacturing organization and a subsidiary of the Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd. (“Hepalink”) (002399:SZ) a publicly traded company with a market capitalization value of approximately $3 Billion USD, to provide development services for a TriKE™ therapeutic for the treatment of coronavirus infection. The TriKE technology is the same proprietary NK cell engager platform that will be applied for in the development of the COVID-19/TriKE™. We look forward to the COVID-19/TriKE™ developments that could quickly become a multi-indication drug and a huge opportunity in the face of COVID-19.
All in all, if you’re not paying attention to GTBP yet, now is the time to start.
Stop wasting your time! Start finding winning trades in minutesw tih Trade Ideas!
[vc_row full_width=”stretch_row_content td-stretch-content”][vc_column][tdm_block_hero title_text=”R2V0JTIwRnJlZSUyMEFsZXJ0cw==” title_size=”tdm-title-bg” description=”Sm9pbiUyMG91ciUyMGZyZWUlMjBtYWlsaW5nJTIwbGlzdCUyMHRvJTIwcmVjZWl2ZSUyMHN0b2NrJTIwYWxlcnRzIQ==” button_text=”Join Our Mailing List Here” button_tdicon=”tdc-font-fa tdc-font-fa-chevron-right” button_url=”https://alphastocknews.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=92a9c8ec6acba6727f3eff17d&id=b717e1440e” tds_button=”tds_button3″ button_size=”tdm-btn-lg” button_tdicon-1=”tdc-font-fa tdc-font-fa-search” tds_button-1=”tds_button3″ button_size-1=”tdm-btn-lg” block_width=”1200″ content_align_horizontal=”content-horiz-center” content_align_vertical=”content-vert-center” background=”eyJ0eXBlIjoiZ3JhZGllbnQiLCJjb2xvcjEiOiJyZ2JhKDIyLDExMiwxOTEsMC44NSkiLCJjb2xvcjIiOiJyZ2JhKDAsMCwwLDAuODUpIiwibWl4ZWRDb2xvcnMiOltdLCJjc3MiOiJiYWNrZ3JvdW5kOiAtd2Via2l0LWxpbmVhci1ncmFkaWVudCgwZGVnLHJnYmEoMCwwLDAsMC44NSkscmdiYSgyMiwxMTIsMTkxLDAuODUpKTtiYWNrZ3JvdW5kOiBsaW5lYXItZ3JhZGllbnQoMGRlZyxyZ2JhKDAsMCwwLDAuODUpLHJnYmEoMjIsMTEyLDE5MSwwLjg1KSk7IiwiY3NzUGFyYW1zIjoiMGRlZyxyZ2JhKDAsMCwwLDAuODUpLHJnYmEoMjIsMTEyLDE5MSwwLjg1KSJ9″][/vc_column][/vc_row]
This website/newsletter is owned, operated and edited by CNA Finance, LLC. Any wording found in this e-mail or disclaimer referencing to “I” or “we” or “our” or “CNA Finance” refers to CNA Finance, LLC. This webpage/newsletter is a paid advertisement, not a recommendation nor an offer to buy or sell securities. Our business model is to be financially compensated to publish information and promote small public companies. By reading our newsletter and our website you agree to the terms of our disclaimer, which are subject to change at any time. We are not registered or licensed in any jurisdiction whatsoever to provide investing advice or anything of an advisory or consultancy nature and are unqualified to give investment recommendations. Always do your own research and consult with a licensed investment professional before investing. This communication is never to be used as the basis for making investment decisions and is for entertainment purposes only. At most, this communication should serve only as a starting point to do your own research and consult with a licensed professional regarding the companies profiled and discussed. Conduct your own research. Companies with low price per share are speculative and carry a high degree of risk, so only invest what you can afford to lose. By using our service you agree not to hold our site, its editor’s, owners, or staff liable for any damages, financial or otherwise, that may occur due to any action you may take based on the information contained within our newsletters or on our website. We do not advise any reader to take any specific action. Losses can be larger than expected if the company experiences any problems with liquidity or wide spreads. Our website and newsletter are for entertainment purposes only. Never invest purely based on our alerts. Gains mentioned in our newsletter and on our website may be based on end-of-day or intraday data. This publication and their owners do not own any shares in stocks mentioned unless stated in page disclosures. If we own any shares we will list the information relevant to the stock and number of shares here. CNA Finance, parent company to Alpha Stock News, receives payment to publish content and promote publicly traded companies. Pursuant to an agreement between CNA Finance and GT Biopharma, CNA Finance has been hired for a period beginning on 3/1/20 and ending on 4/31/20 to conduct digital advertising and marketing and publicly disseminate information about GTBP via Websites and Email. We have an agreement and have been paid fifteen thousand dollars via bank wire transfer to cover the cost of content production. The agreement was extended on May 25 and will run through June 24, 2020. For this extension, GTBP paid CNA Finance an additional fifteen thousand dollars. This compensation is a major conflict of interest in our ability to be unbiased regarding. Therefore, this communication should be viewed as a commercial advertisement only. Any non-compensated alerts are purely for the purpose of expanding our database for the benefit of our future financially compensated digital outreach efforts. Frequently companies profiled in our alerts may experience a large increase in volume and share price during the course of digital outreach marketing, which may end as soon as the marketing ceases. Our emails may contain forward-looking statements, which are not guaranteed to materialize due to a variety of factors. We do not guarantee the timeliness, accuracy, or completeness of the information on our site or in our newsletters. The information in our email newsletters and on our website is believed to be accurate and correct, but has not been independently verified and is not guaranteed to be correct. The information is collected from public sources, such as the profiled company’s website and press releases, but is not researched or verified in any way whatsoever to ensure the publicly available information is correct and GT Biopharma has not approved the content of this site. Furthermore, CNA Finance often employs independent contractor writers who may make errors when researching information and preparing these communications regarding profiled companies. Independent writers’ works are double-checked and verified before publication, but it is certainly possible for errors or omissions to take place during editing of independent contractor writer’s communications regarding the profiled company(s). You should assume all information in all of our communications is incorrect until you personally verify the information, and again are encouraged to never invest based on the information contained in our written communications. The information in our disclaimers is subject to change at any time without notice.